Monday 31 July 2017

Mega Vitamin B (part 1)


I peruse the local shelves for vitamins, minerals and other.

I have had a brain injury. Inconvertible fact. I select every jar that containing the word brain.
I finish up with the following tablets:

One called Brain Health and containing omega-3 as a concentrated fish oil.

One tablet called Brain Active which supports alertness and working memory.  It contains turmeric.
And a mega vitamin containing multiple B vitamins which says it assists the improvement of general wellbeing and provides support to the nervous system. It says it maintains healthy brain function.
The multivitamin contains B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B12, Vit C, Folic Acid, Inositol, Biotin, and Choline Bitartrate.   (Biotin 50 mcg Folic acid 200 mcg)

I buy the tablets. I take the tablets home. Now I need to find out if they will help me.

Turmeric and Fish-oil tablets (omega-3) will be looked at separately. 

B6, B5 are manufactured by gut microbes.  I ignore Vit C because half an orange a day supplies all the Vit C I need.

This leaves Vit B1, Vit B2, Vit B3, Vit B12, inositol, choline bitartrate, biotin, and folic acid to look at.

When should these megavitamins be taken? These vitamins are synthetic and are best absorbed with food. Take in the morning with breakfast. They will be absorbed during the day with food you eat. These vitamins are water soluble which must be replaced every day. These Vitamins are often taken to combat stress or fatigue. They are energy vitamins. They give a person more energy. Another reason for taking them in the morning.


Fat soluble vitamins (Vit A, D, E and K) must be taken with dietary fat in order to be absorbed. Fat such as nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment